Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tissue Paper Stained Glass

Day 23/31:

We've been working on Erin's room a little bit at a time and today it was time to tackle some wall art. I cut a pile of squares from tissue paper in shades of blue and green to go with her color theme.



A heart taped to the bottom of the glass worked as my template so I knew where to glue down the pieces. I started with an outline, filled it in, and then went back and added extra pieces here and there to balance the colors.



Just a glue stick, tissue paper, and a frame is all this project requires.



I just washed the windows 2 days ago, I swear, but I think that's a bit of a losing battle these days, haha. Anyway, this gives you an idea of what it looks like with the light behind it which is really very pretty. It's a little softer than the colors of the wax paper/crayon stained glass and it's just the thing for the new girly bedroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.