Sunday, October 9, 2011

Alis volat propriis

Day 9/31:

The Latin "alis volat propriis" is usually translated as "She flies with her own wings" though technically it is not gender specific and could mean "He flies" or "It flies". It's also the state motto of Oregon, where most of my family is and I've long been in love with the phrase just for the meaning of it. What a beautiful idea to have your own wings. Not anyone else's, just yours. Lovely.



My number one most common thing doodled on a piece of paper? Wings. I'm still figuring out (literally and metaphorically) exactly what my wings look like. But for now, this will do.



What are you up to this weekend? Have some friends over or a project you're working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.