Monday, August 29, 2011

The evolution of our game closet

In our house we have so many board games that there is an entire (full) closet dedicated to them. But really I need that closet for blankets so they have to get out of there. I would have mutiny getting rid of any of them so another solution was in order.

Here is the game closet in all of its original glory (nice, right? haha).



And it got a whole lot worse before it got better...



Much worse... That box on the left has no less than the pieces of 5 different games in there all mixed up. Boo for having to sort.



But after a couple hours of work it now all fits nicely in the hutch. A few of the boxes now contain only the game boards (and which boards are where is labeled on the side of the boxes) and the pieces for the games are in labeled zip lock baggies in the drawer. The other game pieces are in jars on display (idea for that from here) in the top.



The kids really like the new solution, mostly because if they can see it they are more likely to remember it's there/play with it. I certainly like to encourage board games over the TV (which I let them watch too much of) so this will hopefully bring some nice changes.



I've added a few more items to the hutch, mostly my elephants and the ugliest cookie jar ever (and I love it SO much! There's a lot of history to that jar).

I still have a few more holes to fill in but this project is certainly starting to look like it actually belongs here. There are still 4 games that are not in this cabinet but I have other plans for those, hopefully to be wrapped up soon.



Any fun organizing projects going on at your house?

1 comment:

  1. It is SOOO time you brought your imaginative, organizing self to GA!!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.