Friday, July 29, 2011

I scored on Craigslist

Last night I scored on Craigslist. I know that sentence sounds bad but really it was a good thing. Who would sell a solid wood buffet/hutch for $60? It's beautiful and I have a new paint project. That's right, MORE PAINT. Aw, yeah! Luckily I just about have one of my other paint projects done and ready to leave the garage so I have space (hubby will appreciate that). This is the picture from the ad. I need to take a better one but last night it just got put down in the middle of the living room so I haven't gotten one yet.



I have to tell you I was so nervous I wouldn't get it. With a price like that (when all the others were $250+ and not as nice) I figured it would go pretty quick. I called 50 minutes after it was posted and I was already the 5th call BUT he said he was first come/first serve and I was the first to make arrangements. Booyah! (Can you tell I was excited? Haha!).

Anyway, so we made an appt. for 6 but then I was reading Mandi's blog and I got nervous that someone would offer more money because it was definitely worth more. Then the guy's wife got called to go into work and they share a car so it was almost off again. Luckily they said she could come a bit later and my father in law came to help me out. This was great because a)I needed his truck and b)I'm going to meet people I don't know at a storage unit and what if they are sinister people (turns out they were really great people and not crazy people luring me to a storage unit and I was psyching myself out for nothing (as usual) but we'll overlook the "I'm crazy" part). I owe my FIL big time for the help, too.

And now it's home and I'm in love. She's in really good shape, too. There are a few dings here and there to clean up and that's about it. Can't wait to start this one!

Oh, and what perfect timing, too. Mandi is doing a Look What I Found Friday right when I actually found something (normally I would find something 3 days from now when I can't play so the timing is nice). Anyway, go check her out because her blog is awesome and she has great style.

Have you found something fun lately? Anything (find or otherwise) have your stomach all tied up in knots right now?

Random moment: I just noticed that I don't have post tags for Paint or Furniture. That surprises me since I do a lot of both. Huh.

Random moment #2: Why is it that, even though I know how to spell definitely, I always spell it wrong anyway (definetely) and the spell checker has to point that out? Every. Single. Time.

2 comments:

  1. That's a steal! How awesome. I love Craigslist. To sell, not buy. My husband would kill me.

    Can't wait to see the after picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see good deals and have no way to go get them. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.