Thursday, April 28, 2011

New headboards

Little by little I am working on getting the boys' room together. Joe wants a red white and blue bedroom and the headboards were the first project for me to get it all kicked off. Next I need to get a couple gallons of Navy blue paint up but that will take a bit of time. :) Originally I intended to paint the headboards with a few more coats of paint, but the knots showing through is kind of cute. Would you fill it in? I keep going back and forth...



I used the free plans for the reclaimed headboard from Ana White, though I modified my legs to be a little shorter.



This only took about 4 hours to cut the wood and build TWO headboards (one for each boy) and a little more to paint. I had some wood already in the garage but I think would have had to spend about $25 total if I had bought it all. If I were to do it again I would have sanded the boards that go across the back on the edges before I put 'em together because I had to use a chisel to separate them a bit. Otherwise they were too flat up against each other.

Below is one of my upcoming projects. I have removed the drawers that are falling out and I'm going to repaint it. It's for work (think 'cubicle farm' in battleship gray) so I am tempted to just paint it chocolate brown to blend in but I kind of want to go light and bright, too. Teal? Decisions, decisions. What color would you paint it (keeping in mind that it's going to my workplace)? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

1 comment:

  1. great job on the headboards! it looks great. hmmmm, why not paint the desk like a gray instead so you can use bright accessories?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It's nice to know someone is reading and I appreciate and read every one.